THE LITTLE FROG IN THE WELL
Ong Ong Ong Ong Kedek Kedek Kedek…….
1. My good friends……
2. imagine you lived at the bottom of deep…., dark…… well!!!
3. What kind of world would you see?
4. Here’s a story about a frog who did just that.
5. Once upon a time…….
6. there was a Little Frog who lived at the bottom of a deep…., dark….. well.
7. (Fast speaking) It was a very old well
8. filled with shallow water at the bottom.
9. The walls of the well were all covered with wet moss. EEEEEYURK……
10. When the Little Frog was thirsty…..(boys)
11. he drank a little bit of the well water(girls)
12. and when he was hungry……(boys)
13. he ate some insects (girls)
14. Insects…? (Individual)
15. Yup!!!!!!!Yes indeed!(individual)
17. When he was tired (girls)
18. he lay on a little rock …(boys)
19. at the bottom of the well…..(all)
20. and…..(all look up)
( conductor clap once)
21. looked up at the sky above him. (Choral)
22. Sometimes he saw passing clouds.
23. He was very happy and satisfied.
25. the Little Frog had been living at the bottom of this old well since he was born.
26. (Fast speaking) He had never been to the outside world.
27. Whenever a bird flew by and stopped at the edge of the well,
28. the Little Frog always looked up and bragged,
29. "Hello! why don't you come down here and play with me. (individual 1)
30. It's so pleasant down here.(individual 2)
31. Look, I have cool water to drink and lots of insects to eat. (individual 3)
32. (all) Come down! At night I can watch the twinkling stars,
33. (all) and sometimes I can see the beautiful moon, too."
34. Sometimes a bird would say to the Little Frog:
35. (all) "Hi, Little Frog!
36. The outside world is much bigger and nicer than your well. (individual 1)
37. It's many times more beautiful.(individual 2)
38. But!!!! the Little Frog would not believe this.
39. "Don't lie to me. I don't believe there is any place that could be better than here.”
40. Gradually, all the birds began to dislike him.
41. They thought he was too stubborn and stopped talking to him. POOR LITTLE FROG…….Ong Kedek Kedek
42. The Little Frog could not understand why nobody wanted to come down to his nice place.
43. One day, a yellow sparrow stopped by at the edge of the well.
44. The Little Frog was so excited
45. he greeted the sparrow
46. and invited the sparrow eagerly.
47. "Hello, Mr. Yellow Sparrow.
48. How are you?
49. Please come down to my most beautiful house."
50. The yellow sparrow did not say a word and flew away.
51. The next day the yellow sparrow came again and the same thing happened again.
52. It went on for six days……..
53. On the seventh day, the yellow sparrow finally said,
54. "Little Frog, may I show you the outside world?"
55. “No thank you.(individual 1)
56. I’ve told you before and I’ll say it again..(individual 2)
57. (all)I’m happy in my well!”
58. Finally the yellow sparrow became angry. !!!!!!
59. He flew down to the bottom of the well,
60. picked up the Little Frog,
61. and flew out of the well carrying Little Frog on his back
62. Little Frog looked down and cried,
63. "Oh! How did the outside world get so big?"( individual 1)
64. He had been in the bottom of his dark well for so long……..
65. that the bright sunshine made his eyes blink shut,
66. and he could hardly open his eyes to see.
67. When he finally opened his eyes,
68. he saw so…….. many things around him.
69. "Hey! Be careful! Don't hit this strange thing.
70. What are all these green high and low things?"
71. Ha! Ha! These are mountains and valleys.
72. There are countless mountains in this world.
73. The Himalayas, the Swiss Alps, the Rockies and...”
74. The Little Frog could not believe there were so many big mountains in the world.
75. When they flew over the high mountains, the next view made the Little Frog even more surprised.
76. "What is this long, silvery, shiny view?"(surprise tone)
77. "It is a river.”
78. "Then what is that round, blue thing over there?"
79. “It’s a pond of water.”
80. Wow! That’s much more water than my well."